6. Captain Kirk (William Shatner) meets Captain Sulu's daughter in this film. What is her name and who plays her?
7. "Generations" director David Carson was at the helm of several "Next Generation" and "Deep Space Nine" episodes. Name at least two of each show.
8. What was the name of the 18th-century sailing ship seen in the film's holodeck sequence?
9. The film's director of photography was once nominated for an Academy Award. Who is he?
10. Name the captain of the Enterprise-B and the actor who plays him.
11. He received an Oscar nomination for "Fatal Attraction" (1987). He also worked on the Leonard Nimoy-directed "Trek IV" (1986) and "The Good Mother" (1988), on Kenneth Branagh's "Dead Again" (1991) and on William Shatner's "Trek V" (1989). Who is he?
12. What were Kirk's last two words?
"Star Trek: Voyager" magazines beginning in January. A six-issue subscription costs $30. Send a check or money order to Starlog Group Inc., Official Voyager Magazine, 475 Park Ave. S., New York, N.Y. 10016. . . . Look for Clint Howard, a child when he appeared in the "Trek"-classic episode ''The Corbomite Maneuver," in an upcoming "DS9" episode. . . . Yes, the Tim Russ who appears as a human Starfleet officer on the Enterprise-B bridge in "Generations" is the Tim Russ who plays the Vulcan Tuvok in "Voyager." . . . Does the actress who plays Claudia in "Interview with the Vampire" look familiar? Maybe that's because young Kirsten Dunst played Kedril, the girl haunting Lwaxana (Majel Barrett), in the memorable "Next Gen" episode ''Dark Page."
1. Filming for "Generations" began on March 28, 1994, with the Enterprise-B sequence in which Kirk (William Shatner) toils in a three-story- tall shaft in an effort to avert the ship's destruction.
2. It was LeVar Burton, who filmed a confrontation scene with Malcolm McDowell as Soran.
3. Worf becomes a lieutenant commander.
4. Whoopi Goldberg returns to Ten-Forward, not to mention the Nexus, as Guinan, but the actress requested that she not be credited.
5. Kirk, Scotty (James Doohan) and Chekov (Walter Koenig) appear in the film. Kirk mentions "Bones" McCoy (DeForest Kelley) when talking about a clock. Spock's name comes up in a Kirk-Picard (Patrick Stewart) conversation, and Sulu's (George Takei) daughter works on the Enterprise-B bridge. The only name not to come up at all is that of Uhura (Nichelle Nichols).
6. Her name is Demora and she is played by Jacqueline Kim.
7. Carson directed the "Next Gen" episodes titled "The Enemy," "The Next Phase," "Redemption, Part II" and "Yesterday's Enterprise." His ''DS9" credits include the pilot, "Emissary," "Dax," "Move Along Home" and "The Alternate."
8. In the movie, the ship was called the Enterprise. Off camera, however, the ship is known as the Lady Washington. The "Generations" cast and crew spent five days on board as they filmed in the waters off Santa Monica, Calif.
9. He is John Alonzo, who counts among his credits 1983's "Blue Thunder" (with Malcolm McDowell), 1989's "Steel Magnolias" and 1974's ''Chinatown," for which he received an Oscar nomination.
10. Alan Ruck, who played Matthew Broderick's timid best friend in "Ferris
Bueller's Day Off" (1986) and the wimpy bus passenger in "Speed," plays Capt. Harriman.
11. He is film editor Peter E. Berger.
12. Those fateful words were "Oh my."
If you have Trek news or trivia to share - or if you have questions relating to "Star Trek" - write to Ian Spelling at the Philadelphia Daily News, Box 7788, Philadelphia, Pa. 19101.