* The annual Thanksgiving service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at Washington Memorial Chapel, Route 23, Valley Forge National Historical Park.
PROGRAMS * Alexander Contract, who served as a bodyguard to Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin, will speak at the men's breakfast held by Beth David Reform Congregation, 1130 Vaughns Lane, Gladwyne, at 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
The cost is $5.
* A solemn evening prayer service for the feast of Christ the King will be held at 7 p.m. Sunday at St. John Chrysostom Church, 617 S. Providence Rd., Wallingford.
* A workshop on the season of Epiphany will be held for pastors, worship leaders, musicians and the laity from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday at St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church, 355 St. John's Circle, Phoenixville.
The keynote speaker will be the Rev. Gordon Lathrop, professor of theology and chaplain at the Lutheran Theological Seminary in Philadelphia.
* An alternative gift market will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, 625 Montgomery Ave.
Shoppers may buy items that will be donated to needy people around the world.
For more information, call 610-525-2821.
CULTURAL EVENTS * The Woptura-Lakota Dance Theater will perform at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Main Line Unitarian Church, 816 S. Valley Forge Rd., Devon. Suggested donation is $8 for adults and $4 for children.
* A Philomel concert will be held at 8 p.m. Friday at the Church of the Holy Trinity, 212 S. High St., West Chester.
FUND-RAISING EVENTS * A fine arts and crafts showcase will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. tomorrow and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday at St. Patrick Church Parish Center, 104 Channing Ave., Malvern.
* A holiday bazaar will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow at Grace Lutheran Church, West Chester Pike and Mather Avenue, Broomall.
* Hansel and Gretel, a children's opera, will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Nov. 29 and 2 p.m. Nov. 30 at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Delaware County, Rose Tree Road, Upper Providence.
Tickets at the door are $11 for adults and $6 for children under 12. For more information, call 566-4853.