Jerel McNeal led Marquette with 16 in his return to the starting lineup. McNeal sat out Marquette's loss at Providence on Thursday with a concussion after bumping heads with Wesley Matthews during practice Monday.
In other games:
* At North Carolina, Tyler Hansbrough scored 20 of his 25 points in the second half and No. 2 North Carolina (14-1, 1-0 ACC) beat Florida State (12-4, 0-2), 84-58, for its 11th straight victory.
* At South Carolina, Mario Chalmers scored 19 points and Darrell Arthur added 17 to help No. 9 Kansas (13-2) win its seventh straight and end a six-game win streak by South Carolina (10-3), 70-54.
* At Pittsburgh, the No. 10 Panthers (14-2, 2-0 Big East) overcame another ineffective game by star Aaron Gray, turning to a smaller unit to open an 11-point lead and cruise to a 69-48 victory over South Florida (9-7, 0-2).
* At Tennessee, Chris Lofton scored 21 points and Duke Crews added 18 to help No. 19 Tennessee (13-2) open the Southeastern Conference slate with a 92-84 win over Mississippi State (9-5).
* LSU forward Glen Davis was taken to the hospital in Baton Rouge, La., for evaluation after being in an automobile accident early yesterday just hours after the Tigers' 66-49 victory over Connecticut.
LSU coach John Brady said Davis was released from Baton Rouge General Medical Center later in the morning and would participate in a no-contact walkthrough in preparation for 14th-ranked LSU's Southeastern Conference opener tomorrow night at No. 8 Alabama. *