* At Raleigh, N.C., Cory Stillman, Rod Brind'Amour and Scott Walker scored to give Carolina a 3-1 victory over Florida.
* At Toronto, Nik Antropov scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period, leading the Maple Leafs to a 3-2 win over Tampa Bay.
* At Pittsburgh, Sidney Crosby scored the deciding goal in the shootout as the Penguins defeated Buffalo, 5-4.
* At Nashville, Kyle Calder scored and had two assists, to lead Detroit over the Predators, 5-2.
* At Vancouver, Minnesota defenseman Brent Burns scored in overtime for the second straight game to lead the Wild to a 3-2 win over the Canucks.
* At San Jose, Bill Guerin had three goals and an assist to lead the Sharks over Chicago, 7-1.
* Among the keys to the $290 million deal that will keep the Penguins in Pittsburgh were the government's waiving up-front money from the team, the Penguins receiving about $10.5 million compensation for delays, and the sides agreeing to share responsibility for cost overruns.
The Penguins will continue to play at 46-year-old Mellon Arena, the oldest in the National Hockey League, and hope to begin play in the new arena sometime during the 2009-10 season. *