11/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1 ounce each: butter, olive oil
For the salad:
6 cups mixed salad greens
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
For Lemon-Parmesan Dressing:
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons olive oil
1. For the chicken, remove the tenderloin of each breast half. Butterfly each half for 8 cutlets and 4 tenderloins. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Set up the flour and egg. Mix the panko and Parmesan. Coat each chicken piece with flour, then egg, then crumbs, pressing firmly to coat.
3. To a medium-hot skillet, add half the butter and oil. As it sizzles, fry half the chicken golden, 2 to 3 minutes a side. Wipe the pan and repeat.
4. In a 350-degree oven, finish chicken, about 6 minutes.
5. For the salad, combine all ingredients and chill.
6. For the dressing, mix all but the oil, whisking it in last until creamy.
7. To serve, toss salad with dressing just to coat. Top with chicken. Drizzle on dressing.
- From Raising the Salad Bar by Catherine Walthers (Lake Isle Press)
Per serving: 653 calories, 53 grams protein, 36 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams sugar, 32 grams fat, 166 milligrams cholesterol, 460 milligrams sodium, 4 grams dietary fiber.