K-Fed attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan says the case is unusually complicated and all the accounting is legitimate. Of course, he's in line to receive the bulk of those billable hours.
Lisa Marie's all shook up
Lisa Marie Presley has sued Britain's Daily Mail newspaper for alleging that she was piling on the pounds because of her unhealthy appetite, her lawyer said yesterday.
Lisa Marie is actually pregnant.
She alleges in a suit filed in London on Friday that the story was slanderous and degrading.
"Once they got a glimpse of my expanding physique a few days ago, they have been like a pack of coyotes circling their prey whilst eerily howling with delight," she blogged.
The daughter of Elvis Presley, who also was known to pile on a few pounds, claims the pictures taken at a Hollywood restaurant last week forced her to go public about the baby she is having with her fourth husband, music producer Michael Lockwood.
"It really upset her," Presley's attorney Jo Paton told the Associated Press. "She was about to announce her pregnancy and was shocked and hurt by the unkind article about her appearance."
Paton said Presley was seeking an apology and damages.
Janet hitting the road?
Billboard.com reports Janet Jackson expects to launch a fall tour - seven years after her last one - that will take her around the world.
"We're talking about America first," Janet tells Billboard.com, "but I think we're going all over. I think I'm going to go back to Australia, back to Africa, obviously go to Asia, go to Europe for sure."
Janet is also working with her nutritionist David Allen on a book about her weight issues.
" . . . It's basically my journey; it's not just this sterile, weight loss and how to do it book, but my journey even from when I was a kid . . . being an emotional eater. It takes you through those moments in my life up till now and what worked for me."
* Matt Damon is going from his third "Bourne" to his second born. He and wife Luciana are expecting baby No. 2, his rep, Jennifer Allen, said yesterday.
Daughter Isabella was born in June 2006.
* The Game (aka Jayceon Taylor) was released from jail before midnight Sunday after serving eight days of a 60-day sentence.
He was convicted last month of possession of a firearm in a school zone after being accused of pulling a gun on a player from an opposing team during a pickup basketball game at a South Los Angeles school nearly a year ago.
As they've always said: Don't do the crime if you can't do a fraction of the time.
* Heath Ledger's will leaves nothing to his former girlfriend Michelle Williams and their 2-year-old daughter Matilda because he never updated it.
A copy of the three-page will, filed in Australia five years ago and re-filed in Manhattan Surrogate Court, shows Ledger left everything to his parents and three sisters.
Ledger's father, Kim, has said the family would make sure Michelle and Matilda would be provided for.
* "Girls Gone Wild" founder Joe Francis is being released from a Nevada jail, where he's being held on charges of tax evasion, so he can return to Florida to face charges related to the filming of underage girls.
His lawyer told a federal judge in Reno that Francis will appear in a Panama City, Fla., court tomorrow to resolve charges from the 2003 filming of girls during spring break.
* Joining nearly every woman whose name ever appears in this column, Avril Lavigne has a clothing line - "Abbey Dawn." Known for her pairing of frilly dresses and combat boots, Avril will bring her style to the juniors department at Kohl's.
"I actually am the designer," she told Newsweek. "I try everything on and approve it all."
Isn't the fit model supposed to try everything on?
Isn't the designer supposed to, uh, design?
And given the latest reports about Avril, will there also be a maternity line?
* If you're a few years past buying your outfits in juniors, late real estate billionaire Leona Helmsley's haute couture closets will be auctioned off by Leslie Hindman Auctioneers in May.
Items will include fur coats, designer gowns (size 6 to 8), dresses, shirts, suits by designers Bob Mackie, Yves Saint Laurent and Christian Dior, and 250 pairs of Leona's Ferragamo shoes - size 8.5.
As Helmsley died in August at age 87, some of those Ferragamos may even be sensible shoes. Who knows, maybe some even have marks from where she kicked her workers.
* TMZ.com and the British Sun say Courtney Love recently visited the LAPD (of her own volition) to report she's the victim of a massive identity theft - but the LAPD doesn't believe her.
Can you blame them? If you stole Love's identity wouldn't you give that one back and try again? *
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org