3. It's Kerry's team now: Tennessee is 3-0 for the first time since 1999 and it's Kerry Collins, not Vince Young, directing the offense. Much will be written about next week's "geriatric" matchup, Collins, 35, vs. the Vikings' Gus Frerotte, 37.
4. It doesn't add up: QB Drew Brees already has thrown for 980 yards, yet New Orleans is 1-2 after losing yesterday at Denver. That's because the Saints are giving up almost 28 a game. They play the next three at home and really need to win all three.
5. Peyton's unfamiliar place: While Eli Manning and the Giants are 3-0, older brother Peyton and the Colts are 1-2. Huh??!!! This is their worst start since 1998, when they started 0-4 en route to a 3-13 season. Worse yet, with a bye next up, they have 2 weeks to think about it before their next game.
1. Steve Slaton: A rookie making his first start at running back for the Texans, he gained 116 yards and scored a TD on 18 carries.
2. Matt Ryan: The Penn Charter alum dismantled another bad opponent, throwing for 192 yards and a TD as Atlanta topped KC.
3. Kevin Jones: A reserve for the Bears, the Chester native had 10 yards on three carries.
NEXT WEEK'S 4 STORY LINES
1. Browns at Bengals: Surprisingly inept Cleveland has to win one before its Week 5 bye.
2. Packers at Buccaneers: Never an easy trip for Green Bay, which is 1-5 at Tampa since 1998.
3. Chargers at Raiders: Oakland's coach? Could be a replacement for Lane Kiffin.
4. Ravens at Steelers (Monday): Not the one-sided game it seemed like it would be 3 weeks ago.