3. Shawn Krautzel, Interboro, senior, 6-3, 195. The struggling Bucs have experimented with the versatile Krautzel at running back, but he's best as a rugged, sure-handed wideout.
4. Joe Price, Malvern Prep, senior, 6-3, 185. For the No. 2-ranked Friars, the much-improved Price has 13 catches for 325 yards and four touchdowns.
5. Sam Feleccia, La Salle, junior, 6-3, 210. Feleccia's height, hands and precision route-running make him the top receiving threat in a pass-happy offense.
6. Tom Ryan, Father Judge, senior, 6-3, 190. Ryan is not among the area's speedsters, but he catches everything thrown his way and blocks well.
7. Ryan Golin, Conwell-Egan, senior, 6-1, 185. After missing the second half of last season with a broken leg, Golin has worked hard to get back to full strength.
8. Connor Hoffman, La Salle, junior, 6-1, 185. Hoffman, steady and smart, is right behind Feleccia as Drew Loughery's go-to wide receiver.
9. Troy Foster, Ridley, senior, 6-0, 160. Foster has 15 receptions for 254 yards and three touchdowns. Senior Jake Cahill provides a nice complement to him.
10. Ryan Alderman, Bishop Shanahan, senior, 5-9, 165. Playing bigger than his size, Alderman has 30 catches for 652 yards and eight touchdowns in five games.
Others to watch: Central Bucks South senior Mike Doty; Garnet Valley senior Paul Dunn; Abington senior Dom Massey; Archbishop Wood senior Mike Maxwell; Methacton senior Tim Smith; Northeast junior Steve Pinckney; Upper Dublin senior Chot Kelly and Upper Merion sophomore Naim Cheeseboro.
To Conwell-Egan, for having its players honor former longtime statistician Mike Tos by wearing "TOS" decals on the back of their helmets. Tos, who died at the age of 60 last December, was an ardent supporter of all the school's teams.
To those who let the threat of heavy rain (it ended up only being a steady drizzle) stop them from showing up at Northeast High on Friday to watch Archbishop Wood take on West Catholic. The low turnout didn't say much for the Wood and West faithful.
Gateway, the consensus top-ranked team in Pennsylvania, has outscored foes by a whopping 236-38. The Gators, with 28 seniors, are averaging 47.2 points per game. Quarterback Ron Kalkstein has completed 63 of 79 passes (79.7 percent) for 818 yards and 12 TDs. . . . Jeannette, the defending PIAA Class AA state champion, pitched shutouts in its first four games and won by a combined 178-0. The Jayhawks yielded their first points Friday against Charleroi in a 36-7 victory. . . . Perkiomen Valley's Zach Zulli has connected on 87 of 134 throws (64.9 percent) for 1,202 yards and 12 TDs. . . . Owen J. Roberts sophomore Ryan Brumfield eclipsed the 1,000-yard season rushing total in a 41-21 win over Spring-Ford. He has carried 142 times for 1,011 yards (7.1 yards per attempt) and nine scores. . . . Pottsgrove sophomore QB Terrell Chestnut (71 rushes for 718 yards) is averaging 10.1 yards per carry.
Contact staff writer Rick O'Brien at 610-313-8019 or email@example.com.