2. Brian O'Grady, Archbishop Wood, senior. The Rutgers signee, also a hard-throwing reliever, was hitting .500 with 31 runs, 21 RBIs, 12 walks, 6 doubles, 3 triples, and 3 home runs.
3. Mike Raimo, Strath Haven, senior. A two-time first-team all-Central League pick, Raimo, equipped with a strong arm and blazing speed, batted .409 with 35 runs, 16 doubles, and 11 homers. He slammed three homers in four playoff games and is headed to West Chester University.
4. Andy Kirkland, Unionville, senior. The North Carolina-Asheville recruit hit .459 with 36 RBIs, 28 runs, 13 homers, 8 doubles, a 1.229 slugging percentage, and a .565 on-base percentage.
5. Jeff Wiand, Owen J. Roberts, senior. Wiand, who again earned first-team all-Pioneer Athletic Conference honors, is batting .458 with 33 RBIs, 31 runs, 18 stolen bases, 10 doubles, and 7 homers. He is headed to Lehigh.
6. Nick Mascioli, Delco Christian, senior. In 19 games, Mascioli hit .450 with 25 runs, 24 stolen bases (in 24 attempts), 21 RBIs, 7 triples, 4 homers, a .930 slugging percentage, and a .560 on-base percentage. He will join Raimo at West Chester.
7. Mike Riverso, Neumann-Goretti, senior. The rightfielder and part-time first baseman batted .582 with 32 RBIs, 24 runs, 9 doubles, 4 triples, and 3 homers. Riverso was deciding between La Salle and Widener.
8. Rick Reigner, Monsignor Bonner, senior. The poised centerfielder and leadoff hitter was the catalyst behind the Friars' first Catholic League championship since 1989. The 5-11, 165-pounder is ticketed for Philadelphia University.
9. Mike Tentilucci, Council Rock North, junior. For the PIAA District 1 Class AAAA champions, Tentilucci hit a team-best .524 with 32 runs, 25 RBIs, 15 doubles, a .707 slugging percentage, and a .562 on-base percentage.
10. Ryan Pater, Central Bucks East, junior. Pater batted .523 with 20 runs, 17 RBIs, 4 triples, 3 doubles, and a .579 on-base percentage. He will play shortstop for the Suburban One League American/Continental all-stars in the 25th annual Carpenter Cup Classic.
11. Chris Wiertz, Pennsbury, senior. In Suburban One League National Conference action, Wiertz hit. 425 with a .750 slugging percentage and a .511 on-base percentage.
12. Kurt Roberts, Quakertown, senior. The East Stroudsburg recruit batted .488 with four doubles and three homers. As a hurler, Roberts was 3-1 with a 3.37 ERA and 33 strikeouts in 29 innings.
13. Nick Bateman, Malvern Prep, sophomore. For the Friars, the up-and-coming Bateman hit .418 with 39 RBIs, 30 runs, 4 homers, and a .714 slugging percentage.
14. Brian Pommerer, Great Valley, senior. The first-team all-Ches-Mont League American Division pick batted .422 with 31 runs, 23 RBIs, 16 stolen bases, 7 doubles, 3 homers, and 2 triples.
15. Aaron Novak, Germantown Academy, junior. The Patriots' cleanup man hit .352 with 27 runs, 21 RBIs, and 3 homers. He earned second-team all-Inter-Ac League honors.
Twenty-five honorable mentions, listed alphabetically: Jeff Boorman, Downingtown East, junior; Andrew Carr, Methacton, senior; Andrew Carroll, Devon Prep, senior; Brian Cizek, Conestoga, junior; Danny Denton, Council Rock North, junior; Chase Fleming, Upper Perkiomen, senior; Casey Hammond, Upper Dublin, senior.
Bobby Heitzman, Kennett, senior; Paul Kochu, Owen J. Roberts, senior; Josean Lazaro, Perkiomen School, junior; Timothy Lazor, Holy Ghost Prep, junior; Buzz Lis, Central Bucks West, senior; Kevin Mack, Archbishop Ryan, junior; Chas McCormick, West Chester Henderson, freshman; Ryan McDonough, Wissahickon, senior; Jake Messikomer, Downingtown East, senior; Matt Mullen, Monsignor Bonner, senior; Mike Rooney, Avon Grove, senior.
Billy Root, Coatesville, senior; Brian Ruditys, Episcopal Academy, junior; Andrew Snow, Penncrest, senior; Mike Spahits, Archbishop Wood, senior; Mike Stranix, Strath Haven, senior; Alex Summers, Christopher Dock, senior; Tyler Veterano, St. Joseph's Prep, senior.
Contact staff writer Rick O'Brien
at 610-313-8019 or email@example.com.