2. Coshocton Hot Air Balloon Festival. June 10-12. Coshocton, Ohio. Watch more than 25 hot-air balloons take to the sky during this annual event. Also, live musical acts, a 5k race and a "Night Glow" balloon display. 1-800-338-4724; www.coshoctonchamber.net/chamber.
3. Honfest. June 10-11. Baltimore. Honor the working women of Baltimore during this quirky, 1950s-inspired festival, featuring beehive hairstyles and a beauty pageant. 410-440-8088; honfest.net.
4. Harborfest. June 10-12. Norfolk, Va. Norfolk's largest summertime festival returns with a Parade of Sail, featuring authentic tall ships, with music and other activities aboard the harbor's docked boats. 757-441-2345; www.norfolkdowntown.com.
5. Spencer Heritage Days. June 9-12. Spencer, W.Va. Antique appraisals and tours of historic sites, including a one-room schoolhouse and a Civil War heritage park. 304-927-1640; www.spencerheritagedays.com.
6. Warrensburg Bike Rally. Through June 12. Warrensburg, N.Y. Watch a parade of motorcycles and shop for leather goods and bike parts. 518-791-8728; www.warrensburgbikerally.com.
7. Harwinton Antiques & Design Weekend. June 11-12. Harwinton, Conn. With 400 dealers, this is Connecticut's largest antiques event. Items ranging from vintage books to old-fashioned Christmas decorations will be available. 317-598-0012; www.farmingtonantiquesweekend.com.
8. Gaspee Days Colonial Encampment. Warwick, R.I. Take a look into life during the American Revolution, complete with "soldiers" in uniform. 401-781-1772; www.gaspee.com.
9. Vermont Days. June 11-12. Throughout Vermont. Enjoy any state park for free during this annual event, including fishing without a license. 802-241-3655; www.vtstateparks.com.
10. Scooper Bowl. June 7-9. Boston. Help raise cancer awareness with all-you-can-eat ice cream, sorbet, and frozen yogurt from Ben & Jerry's, Baskin Robbins, and Edy's. Event also includes live music and entertainment. 1-800-525-4669; www.scooperbowl.org.
- Vinny Vella