In other games *
At Cincinnati,Carlos Gomez and Prince Fielder each hit two-run homers in the first inning and Zack Greinke (15-6) breezed through seven innings, leading the Milwaukee Brewers to an 8-1 win over the Reds for a series sweep, Milwaukee's first sweep of a three-game series in Cincinnati since Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2002.
* At Washington, Chien-Ming Wang (3-3) had the longest start of his comeback from shoulder surgery, pitching into the seventh inning, and Danny Espinosa delivered his first RBI in 2 weeks, helping the Nationals edge the Florida Marlins, 4-3.
* At San Diego, Joe Saunders took a five-hitter into the ninth inning, Paul Goldschmidt drove in three runs and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Padres 5-1 to cut the magic number to five for their first NL West title since 2007.
* At Denver, Pablo Sandoval homered twice in the fourth inning, part of a six home-run barrage that led the San Francisco Giants over the Colorado Rockies 12-5 for their eighth straight win.
* At Chicago, Brett Myers (6-13) benefited from a reversed homer call to beat the Cubs again and Clint Barmes had a two-run single to help the Houston Astros to a 3-2 victory. Myers improved to 13-3 lifetime against the Cubs.
* At Los Angeles, James Loney had five hits with three RBI, Jerry Sands and Juan Rivera each drove in four runs, and the Dodgers routed the Pittsburgh Pirates, 15-1.