Houston Rockets guard Kyle Lowry, a former Cardinal Dougherty and Villanova star, was walking around with Mitchell & Ness President Sean McKinney, while 94 WIP's Al Morganti was out impressively late for a morning host. Food Network and "Double Dare" host Marc Summers, Fox 29's Mike Jerrick, 6ABC's Shirleen Allicot, Comcast SportsNet's Marshall Harris and 97.5 The Fanatic's Tony Bruno and Sean Brace were also in the house.
OUT AND ABOUT
* Michael Vick
and fiancée, Kijafa Frink
, hosted a reception for the Eagles Youth Partnership at the Water Works Restaurant on Friday night. Vick went for cheesesteak bites and a lobster BLT, and took pictures and signed autographs for restaurant guests. He also posed for a photo with a bride and groom holding their rehearsal dinner at the restaurant.
* Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. and his soccer-playing daughters caught the Union/Toronto FC match Saturday from a PPL Park suite. There was a capacity crowd for the playoff-bound soccer squad's final regular-season home game.
* New York Times columnist David Brooks, a Radnor High School graduate, dined in a small party at the Swan Lounge at the Four Seasons a couple of nights back.
* The Philadelphia Soul's Soulmates will be guest bartenders and staff at Diego's Bar (2676 Bridge), in Bridesburg, on Saturday, when the bar, owned by former Q102 personality Diego Ramos
, celebrates its second anniversary. Diego says that all tips that night will benefit the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police's Survivors Fund.
* Friends School Haverford holds its 12th annual 5K Race and One Mile Fun Run/Walk Footsteps for Friends on Saturday morning on the school's campus. The event benefits its financial-aid program. Registration starts at 7:30. The course goes through Haverford and the Haverford College campus. For info, check out runtheday.com.
* Denise King performs two shows, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., Oct. 30 at the Old Pine Community Center's Wasson Hall (4th & Lombard). The jazz brunch is a benefit for Opportunities-PA, which helps homeless adults learn to be self-sufficient.
Tickets are $27-$55 and available at brunch4opps. eventbrite.com. For more information, visit opportunitiespa.org or call 215-779-6827.
Visit PhillyGossip.com for Dan's latest updates or follow PhillyGossip on Twitter. Have a tip? Call 215-854-5963, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For recent columns, visit www.philly.com/DanGross.