Segments of 3 oranges
Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Splash of hot sauce
8-ounce tub creme fraiche
Juice of 1 orange
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lentils and boil for 12 to 15 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
3. While the lentils cook, prepare the salmon. Place the salmon, skin down, on the prepared baking sheet. Rub with the garlic. Place dots of butter all over the surface of the salmon, then sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until just the center is slightly translucent.
4. While the salmon roasts, prepare the lentil salad. In a medium bowl, gently mix together the cooked lentils, lemon zest and juice, the orange segments, pomegranate seeds, coriander, cilantro and hot sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the creme fraiche and orange juice.
6. To serve, place the salmon on a large platter, arrange the lentil salad around the salmon. Drizzle with the creme fraiche sauce.
Per serving: 430 calories; 140 calories from fat (33 percent of total calories); 16 g fat (4 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 110 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrate; 45 g protein; 7 g fiber; 280 mg sodium.