Last night, Mathieu Perreault got his first career hat trick to lead the Capitals to a 5-3 victory over the visiting Boston Bruins.
In other games *
At New York, Henrik Lundqvist stopped 22 shots and Ryan Callahan, John Mitchell and Brad Richards provided the offense in the Rangers' 3-0 victory over the Winnipeg Jets.
* At Newark, N.J., Jason Pominvile and Nathan Gerbe scored in a shootout and Ryan Miller made 27 saves as the Buffalo Sabres snapped a 12-game losing streak on the road with a 2-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils.
* At Tampa, Fla., Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis both had a goal and an assist to lead the Tampa Bay Lightning over the Columbus Blue Jackets, 4-2.
* At Uniondale, N.Y., Clarke MacArthur scored two goals, including one in overtime, to lift the Toronto Maple Leafs over the New York Islanders 4-3.
* At St. Louis, Evgeni Malkin and Chris Kunitz scored in the shootout to lead the Pittsburgh Penguins to a 3-2 win over the Blues.
* At Chicago, Craig Smith and Mike Fisher scored first-period goals and Pekka Rinne made 24 saves as the Nashville Predators defeated the Blackhawks, 3-1.
* At Dallas, Alex Goligoski scored in the first period and Kari Lehtonen had 27 saves as the Stars shutout the Anaheim Ducks, 1-0.
* At Denver, Carson McMillan's third-period goal led the Minnesota Wild to a 3-2 win over the Colorado Avalanche.
* At Calgary, Benn Ferriero scored in the third period and Antti Niemi had 25 saves to lead the San Jose Sharks to a 1-0 win over the Flames.
* At Glendale, Ariz., Radim Vrbata scored early in the third period to help lead the Phoenix Coyotes to a 3-2 win over the Senators.
* Pittsburgh will unveil a statue honoring former star and current team co-owner Mario Lemieux on March 7. The bronze statue will be placed outside the northwest gate at Consol Energy Center.