Roberts Vaux High School in North Philadelphia was evacuated Thursday afternoon after reports of a gas odor, authorities said.
Firefighters were dispatched at 3:05 p.m. to the school, which is located at 2300 W. Master St., said Executive Fire Chief Richard Davison. The school was evacuated, but firefighters did not detect any gas leak. PGW workers were investigating the incident.
Two school employees were taken to hospitals because they felt faint, said Fernando Gallard, spokesman for the Philadelphia School District. The students, who are normally dismissed at 4 p.m., were sent home early.