Man dies in Bucks fire

Posted: April 02, 2012

A man was killed and his grandfather injured early today in a fire in a two story house in Levittown, officials said.

The fatality, said to be in his early 30s, was found on the second floor of the home on the 100 block of Everturn Lane, said Bristol Township Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito.

The second man, said to be about 80 years old, was outside the building when firefighters arrived. He was taken to St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, Dippolito said. No word yet on his condition.

Neighbors said the man who died was the older man's grandson.

The fire broke out around 1:20 a.m. and was brought under control just before 2 a.m.

Dippolito said the fire started in overloaded electrical outlets in a first floor combination recreation room/office.

comments powered by Disqus
|
|
|
|
|