2. Place cod in a 9-by-13 Pyrex dish, spoon the marinade on top, and turn fish to coat on both sides. Marinate, covered and refrigerated, for at least two hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat a grill or broiler.
4. Carefully lift the fish out of the marinade, letting it run off, but don’t rinse it off.
5. Place fish on the grill (on a piece of foil) or in a broiler pan brushed with olive oil.
6. Grill or broil until the surface turns brown.
7. Turn the oven down to 400 degrees (or preheat it, if grilling) and finish baking in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Serve with Petits Pois Sauce. ( See recipe.)
Adapted from chef Daniel Hover of Ritz Seafood in Voorhees
Per serving: 255 calories, 41 grams protein, 14 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams sugar, 4 grams fat, 94 milligrams cholesterol, 1,044 milligrams sodium, 1 grams dietary fiber.