KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S.-led coalition on Sunday disputed reports that eight civilians, including children, were killed in a NATO air strike in a remote part of eastern Afghanistan.
Afghan officials said an air strike Saturday night killed eight members of a family, but a senior NATO official said that so far, there is no evidence of any civilian casualties. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to disclose the information.
Both Afghan President Hamid Karzai and NATO commanders ordered an investigation into the reports, according to the New York Times.
Separately, NATO reported that three coalition service members were killed Sunday in eastern Afghanistan - two during an insurgent attack and one from a roadside bombing.