A two-alarm underground transformer fire has prompted officials to evacuate buildings on the 800 block of Main Street in Darby Borough.
No injuries are reported.
Officials evacuated buildings in the area of the transformer because of high levels of carbon monoxide. The block is a mix of commercial and residential buildings.
Among those evacuated were residents of a nursing home, including a number of people in wheel chairs.
Firefighters are going through the evacuated buildings opening windows to ventilate the potentially deadly gas.