2 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
1. Mix together and rub into the beef the herbs and salt and pepper. Drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil. Let the meat sit out for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Prepare the grill.
3. Meanwhile, slice the zucchini and carrots into coins, and cut the potatoes into 2-inch chunks.
4. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Put the potatoes in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
5. When the grill is hot, put the meat on the grill and cook for 3 minutes on one side, turn over and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Then turn down the heat, and cook for 6 or 7 minutes on each side for medium rare.
6. When the oven is hot, put the veggies on a sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and put in the oven for about 15 minutes.
7. Once the potatoes boil, set the timer for 10 minutes, but keep checking with a fork to see if they are soft.
8. When the potatoes are fork-tender, drain. Add butter and milk and smash the potatoes with a potato masher (with skins on) to desired consistency. (But don't mash too much or they will turn to glue. They should be a little lumpy.)
9. Take steak off the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and serve with potatoes and vegetables.
Per serving: 527 calories, 50 grams protein, 28 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams sugar, 22 grams fat, 138 milligrams cholesterol, 485 milligrams sodium, 5 grams dietary fiber