1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 lemon, zested
5 mint leaves, chopped
For the yogurt:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon rosewater (optional)
For the curry emulsion:
2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup crème fraiche
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the lamb: Wrap each bone with aluminum foil to avoid burning. Let lamb stand at room temperature for one hour before seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat ? inch of canola oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Add lamb chops and brown on all sides. Remove most of the fat from the pan and add butter, basting the lamb as the butter melts. Top each chop with thyme and garlic cloves and roast until an internal temperature of 120 degrees is reached for medium rare. Let lamb rest on a rack for 8 minutes before serving.
3. For the peas: In a small saucepan, heat vegetable stock until boiling. Add shallot and butter and reduce until creamy, then season with salt. Add blanched peas and heat through. Add cheese, lemon zest, and mint and stir gently. Adjust seasoning as needed.
4. For the yogurt: In a small bowl combine yogurt and rosewater. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. For the curry emulsion: Toast curry powder in a small saucepan over medium heat until fragrant. Stir in scallions and heat 1 minute. Add ¾ cup stock, cream, and crème fraiche. Bring to a simmer and cook liquid until reduced to ½ cup. Swirl in cold butter. When butter is melted, transfer mixture to blender to emulsify. While blender is running add remaining stock and let run for 30 seconds. Finish with salt and pepper and strain.
6. For assembly: Spoon pea mixture onto serving plate. Slice and arrange lamb on top of peas. Finish with a spoonful of the curry emulsion and a dollop of the seasoned yogurt.
Per serving: 887 calories, 76 grams protein, 20 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams sugar, 55 grams fat, 269 milligrams cholesterol, 1,093 milligrams sodium, 6 grams dietary fiber