2. With a knife trim the cuts of beef into ¾- to 1-inch strips (or no bigger than the diameter of the grinder you are using), place the strips of meat flat on a parchment-lined sheet pan, and put in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour, or until firm but not frozen.
3. Using the meat grinder's fine (1/8-inch) grinding plate, quickly feed the meat through the grinder in batches, catching the strands of meat in a large bowl. Keep each batch of ground meat in the refrigerator while grinding the rest.
4. Wearing clean latex gloves, gently mix all four grinds together by hand until each is evenly distributed.
5. Form 8-ounce patties no thicker than ¼ inch and make a small indentation on top of each.
6. Preheat grill until hot. Scrape clean with a wire brush. With a paper towel and vegetable oil, grease the hot grill surface.
7. Cook the burgers over medium-high heat until medium rare, or 140 degrees, about eight minutes, flipping once.
Per serving: 428 calories, 62 grams protein, no carbohydrates, no sugar, 15 grams fat, 198 milligrams cholesterol, 138 milligrams sodium, no dietary fiber.