2. Using the meat grinder's fine (1/8-inch) grinding plate, quickly feed the meat through the grinder in separate batches, catching the strands of meat in a large bowl. Keep each batch of ground meat in the refrigerator while grinding the rest.
3. Wearing clean latex gloves, gently mix the all four grinds together by hand until each is evenly distributed.
4. Form 8-ounce patties no thicker than ¼-inch and make a small indentation on top of each.
5. Preheat grill until hot. Scrape clean with a wire brush. With a paper towel and vegetable oil, grease the hot grill surface.
6. Cook the burgers over medium-high heat until medium rare, or 140 degrees, about eight minutes flipping once.
7. Serve on kaiser rolls with shiitake mushroom jam, sauce and watercress salad. Recipes follow.
Per burger (without toppings): 633 calories, 73 grams protein, 31 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram sugar, 20 grams fat, 204 milligrams cholesterol, 773 milligrams sodium, 1 grams dietary fibers