Police have identified the elderly couple who died in a fire this morning in their cluttered Chester County home and officials have ruled the blaze was accidental.
West Goshen Township Police Lt. Gregory Stone said the victims were Robert O'Neill, 85, and his wife, Irene O'Neill, 68.
The couple died from burns and smoke inhalation, Stone said. The fire was electrical and not suspicious in origin.
Police and firemen reported the house was in deplorable condition - filled with clothes, books and magazines the two had hoarded.
Police and fire personnel were called to the two-story home in the 1200 block of Gail Road at 7:13 a.m. after a neighbor saw smoke coming from the roof and found the front door felt warm to the touch, Stone said.