Investigators also indicate in court papers that someone intentionally deleted footage from a security camera on a South Cedar Street home, which is located along the route of travel taken during the crime.
Police have said that they could file charges against anyone obstructing the investigation, though no such charges were filed Tuesday. A call seeking comment from Luzerne County District Attorney Stefanie Salavantis was not immediately returned.
During a phone interview Tuesday, Matos said that he was not sure what happened with the phone. He also indicated that he has been consulting with lawyers, before he abruptly hung up.
Investigators have not released a motive for the murder, but Salavantis previously said that Reznick's iPhone was connected.
According to court documents, Mitchell Dedes, who faces charges in relation to Reznick's death, admitted that he sold the phone to the West Hazleton business for $60.
Police allege that Reznick was kidnapped, beaten, robbed of his iPhone and stuffed in the trunk of a vehicle the night of Aug. 3. He leapt from the trunk and was found just after midnight Aug. 4 on Carson Street, according to court papers.
Reznick died at Lehigh Valley Hospital on Aug. 12 from multiple blunt injuries, and his death was ruled a homicide.
Police arrested Dedes, 17, and Judon Breon, 19, both of Hazleton, in connection with the homicide after an informant told police about the slaying. Breon and Dedes admitted to being involved in the crime, according to affidavits of probable cause attached to search warrants obtained in the investigation.
Dedes and Breon await preliminary hearings scheduled for Oct. 18 at 9 a.m.