* Had 34 interceptions for the Birds, tied for most in team history with Eric Allen and Bill Bradley.
* The quarterbacks Dawkins intercepted the most were Michael Vick, Brett Favre and Eli Manning (three each). Two of his picks against Vick - and one against Favre - came in the postseason.
* Intercepted a Vick pass in the 2004 NFC Championship Game to lead the Eagles to their only Super Bowl of the Andy Reid era.
* Preceeded the interception with a bone-rattling hit of Alge Crumpler, the Falcons' 262-pound tight end that seemed to set the tone for the Eagles' 27-10 win at frigid Lincoln Financial Field.
* Was a 9-time Pro Bowl selection, including seven times as an Eagle.
*The nine Pro Bowls is tied with John Lynch and one behind Ken Houston for the most for a safety.
* Dawkins, in just his second game as a pro, replaced Eric Zomalt as the Eagles free safety and stayed there for 13 years.
* The only player who had a longer Eagles career was Chuck Bednarik, who played 14 seasons for the Birds.
* Dawkins turns 39 on Oct. 13.
* Kept figurines of comic-book action heroes in his locker. His most cherished tenant was Wolverine of the X-Men series, which Dawkins was an an avid reader.
* Always considered the Giants the Eagles' most bitter NFC East rival.
* Dawkins sobbed following a decisive 2008 win over Dallas that led to a miraculous playoff berth. "Tears of joy," he said, wiping his eyes. "I've never been a part of anything like this."
* In a 2002 win over Houston, Dawkins became the first player in NFL history with a sack, interception, fumble recovery and touchdown reception in the same game. The TD reception was on a shovel pass from Brian Mitchell on a fake punt.
* His 16 seasons is tied with Eugene Robinson and Paul Krause for longest career for a safety.
* Was named the 2008 "Father of the Year" by the American Diabetes Association.
* Joined with the Daily News in honoring Philadelphia high school football players for success on the field and in the classroom.
* An example of how respected Dawkins is was summed up by this Ike Reese message when Dawk retired: "Thank you bro for being an example [pro, father, bro, husband] for all of us who were blessed to know you!"
15 - Steve Van Buren
20 - Brian Dawkins
40 - Tom Brookshier
44 - Pete Retzlaff
60 - Chuck Bednarik
70 - Al Wistert
92 - Reggie White
99 - Jerome Brown
Who should be next: 5 - Donovan McNabb
1 - Bernie Parent
4 - Barry Ashbee
7 - Bill Barber
16 - Bobby Clarke
Who should be next: 88 - Eric Lindros
1 - Rich Ashburn
14 - Jim Bunning
20 - Mike Schmidt
32 - Steve Carlton
36 - Robin Roberts
42 - Jackie Robinson
P - Grover Cleveland Alexander
CK - Chuck Klein
Who should be next: 11 - Jimmy Rollins
Note: Alexander played before players wore uniform numbers and is honored with a 1915-style Phillies "P" ... Klein wore seven numbers during his three stints as a Phillies' player.
6 - Julius Erving
10 - Maurice Cheeks
13 - Wilt Chamberlain
15 - Hal Greer
24 - Bobby Jones
32 - Billy Cunningham
34 - Charles Barkley
Who should be next: 3 - Allen Iverson
- Ed Barkowitz