* Ardmore has a new American bistro with the opening this week of The Saint James (30 Parking Plaza, 610-649-6200, SaintJamesPhilly.com) in Suburban Square. The casual 120-seater (plus outside tables) is the work of Chef Michael Schulson (Izakaya, Sampan) and Rob Wasserman (Rouge); executive chef is Matt Moon. The focus is oven-roasted and grilled items priced from $6 to $22. There's a full bar.
* Fall produce - apples, kale, squash and sweet potatoes - figure large in the multicourse menus the South Jersey Independent Restaurant Association (a/k/a SJ HOT Chefs) has planned for its Fall Harvest Week, Sunday-Oct. 19. Meals at the 40-plus participating restaurants will be $25-$35. More at SJHOTchefs.com.
* Lindy Hop back to the Prohibition era during the Bootleggers Ball, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 18 at the National Constitution Center (215-409-6700, constitutioncenter.org). It's a jazzy, costumes-encouraged night of fun to herald the new exhibit, "American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition," running Oct. 19-April 28. Enjoy swing dance lessons to music by the Ben Mauger Orchestra, period cuisine from Brulee Catering and, of course, jazz-era cocktails and beer. $40, $35 museum members. 21-plus only.
* Chima Brazilian Steakhouse (1901 JFK Blvd., 215-525-3233, http://chima.cc/site/) is extending its $35 Restaurant Week deal for unlimited steaks, chops, seafood and salad from Sunday-Oct. 19. Diners must use the term "Restaurant Week Extension" when making reservations to get the deal.
* It's the start of a beautiful friendship: Goldenberg's Peanut Chews and Little Baby's Ice Cream have combined forces on a new flavor, available at Little Baby's retail store (2311 Frankford Ave., littlebabysicecream.com).
* Celebrate Charlotte Druckman's upcoming book, Skirt Steak: Women Chefs on Standing the Heat and Staying in the Kitchen, during a benefit for Women Against Abuse Oct. 21 at Barbuzzo (110 S. 13th St., 215-546-9300, barbuzzo.com). Marcie Turney will collaborate on a meal with chefs Jen Carroll (Concrete Blonde, New York City) and Anne Coll (Meritage), plus mixologists Katie Loeb (Han Dynasty), Lindsay McClain (Jamonera), Natalie Maronski (Chifa) and Susan van Vreede (Distrito). Make reservations from 5-6:30 p.m. or 7-9:30 p.m. $85, includes a book.