1. Eerin Young, Imhotep Charter, senior, 5-foot-10, 180 pounds. With his quickness and open-field moves, Young, a running back and wide receiver, is a threat to break it long on every touch. He has helped spark the Panthers to an 8-0 start.
Young, who started his career at Bishop McDevitt, is receiving interest from Ohio University and Massachusetts.
2. Sean Coleman, La Salle, Sr., 5-9, 170. For the Explorers, Coleman, who will focus on lacrosse at Harvard, has made countless big plays as a wide receiver, kick returner, and defensive back.
3. Shawn Pepper, Pennsbury, Sr., 6-2, 210. A stalwart as a wing-T halfback, part-time outside linebacker, and kick returner, Pepper has heard from programs in Division I-A (Temple, Connecticut) and I-AA (Delaware, Robert Morris).
4. Daquan Worley, Coatesville, Jr., 5-10, 185. Worley sparks the 6-2 Red Raiders as a ballcarrier, receiver, cornerback, and kick returner. His 99-yard return opened a 42-0 blanking of Unionville.
5. Thaddius Smith, Cardinal O'Hara, Jr., 5-10, 170. A Division I-A recruit, Smith carries the ball, catches passes from quarterback Dashawn Darden, and, at cornerback, defends the opponent's top wideout.
6. Kevin Leyden, Haverford High, Jr., 6-1, 175. As he showed in Friday's 42-36, come-from-behind triumph over Strath Haven, Leyden does a little bit of everything for the Fords. He has rushed for 739 yards and nine touchdowns.
7. Jim Haley, Bonner-Prendergast, Sr., 6-2, 190. While his future is in baseball, at Penn State, Haley has been a major catalyst for the Friars as a quarterback and strong safety.
8. Quinn Hager, Episcopal Academy, Sr., 6-3, 180. Hager serves the 7-0 Churchmen as a wide receiver, defensive back, placekicker, and punter.
9. Kyle Bigam, Pennridge, Sr., 5-9, 180. Bigam, a wingback and outside linebacker, has shined this season. His one-handed, 39-yard TD reception was the difference in Friday night's thrilling 28-21 victory over North Penn.
10. Justin Andrews, Neshaminy, Sr., 5-11, 145. The Redskins can call on Andrews as a receiver, running back, fill-in quarterback, kick returner, and safety. In baseball, he is a speedy outfielder.
Twenty-five others to watch, listed alphabetically: Dan Bier, Archbishop Carroll, Sr.; Shimeek Carter, Northeast, Sr.; Tate Carter, Spring-Ford, Jr.; Tim Christopher, Unionville, Sr.; Christian Crane, Council Rock South, Sr.; Alton Custus, Plymouth Whitemarsh, Sr.; Hyneef Dockery, Cheltenham, Sr.; Troy Gallen, Malvern Prep, Jr.; Steve Gozur, North Penn, Sr.; Jimmy Herron, La Salle, So.; Jamiel Hines, Samuel Fels, Sr.; Jeff Ledford, William Tennent, Sr.; Kurt Logan, Central Bucks West, Sr.; Bobby Mallon, Central Bucks South, Sr.; Cornelius Middleton, Simon Gratz, Sr.; Vince Moffett, St. Joseph's Prep, Jr.; Walt Pegues, Central, Jr.; Anthony Roakes, Archbishop Wood, Sr.; Spencer Rymiszewski, West Chester Henderson, Sr.; Damion Samuels, Frankford, Jr.; Ian Strain, Episcopal Academy, Sr.; Joe Taylor, Germantown Academy, Sr.; James Ward, Lansdale Catholic, Sr.; Kyle Wenger, Souderton, Sr.; Tymere Wilder, Bishop McDevitt, Sr.
East-West. The first three quarters of Downingtown East's 35-21 win Friday night over Downingtown West were played in front of a packed crowd at Kottmeyer Stadium. It was finished, after a 38-minute lightning delay, with very few in the seats. . . . East's Harrison Burch, a 6-foot-3, 275-pound senior offensive tackle, is hearing from Colgate, Monmouth, and Virginia Military Institute. . . . West's Elijah Wilkinson, a 6-3, 330-pound senior offensive tackle, is drawing interest from James Madison, Delaware, and Towson. Virginia Tech and Virginia were also sniffing.
East's Wade Mastrog, a senior linebacker, has an offer from Bryant University, a Division I-AA school in Smithfield, R.I. . . . Cougars coach Mike Matta, on the Whippets' spread option/wing-T offense: "If you're not really prepared, they'll snooker you." . . . East has won the last three meetings with West and leads the series, 5-4.
Contact Rick O'Brien at email@example.com, or @ozoneinq on Twitter. Read his blog, "The O'Zone," at www.philly.com/ozone