* June 22, 1994: The city settles Jerome Jackson's lawsuit for $27,500.
* Oct. 1, 1994: The city settles Barry Snodgrass' lawsuit for $2,000.
* Aug. 11, 1995: Holmes is promoted to sergeant, and transferred a few days later to the 1st District, in South Philly.
* Dec. 2, 1996: Christopher Butler, of East Germantown, sues Holmes, claiming that Holmes shot him seven times and shouted, "Die, mother-f-----, die!" when Butler was caught robbing a convenience store in 1994.
* June 1, 1997: The city settles Butler's lawsuit for $80,000.
* Aug. 7, 1997: Holmes is promoted to lieutenant and transferred to the 26th District, in Fishtown.
* Dec. 14, 2000: Holmes is promoted to captain.
* March 15, 2002: Holmes is promoted to inspector, and transferred a few days later to the East Police Division.
* Feb. 13, 2003: Holmes is transferred to the Narcotics Division.
* April 29, 2003: Holmes is transferred to recruit training.
* Aug. 9, 2005: Holmes is transferred to the East Police Division.
* Feb. 15, 2008: Officer Christa Hayburn tells Internal Affairs that Holmes, who was her boss, coerced her into committing a sex act and violated her physically after they both attended a party in 2006.
* May 2008: Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey demotes Holmes to the rank of captain following an investigation into Hayburn's allegations.
* May 5, 2008: Holmes is transferred to the South Detective Division.
* March 12, 2009: Holmes is transferred to the Intensive Drug Investigation Division.
* July 8, 2010: A Comcast employee calls 9-1-1 and claims that Holmes pulled a gun on him when he knocked on his door for a neighborhood survey.
* Sept. 2010: Holmes regains the rank of inspector after the FOP files a grievance with the city on his behalf.
* Currently: Internal Affairs is investigating an allegation that Holmes engaged in inappropriate conduct with a civilian subordinate.
& Dana DiFilippo