Yeesh, that's gotta be rough.
But there's more: Plump isn't blameless. She admits she stepped out on her former hubs multiple times early in their marriage. Plump says her own experience helped her forgive her similarly philandering former hubs.
I wonder how the uber-conservative Hasselbeck will handle the frank talk about cheating and marriage. Fingers crossed for a debate between Hasselbeck and sassy minx Joy Behar.
Whitney Houston's mom, Cissy, will be the other guest on the program.
Vow is getting buzz from lady mags like Elle, Redbook and Ladies Home Journal. Even Carly Simon is getting in on the game, saying, "Wendy Plump creates a beautifully wrought word painting from which I, for one, came away with a new slant on 'marital vows.' "
Plump will be at Farley's Bookshop (44 S. Main St., New Hope, 215-862-2452, farleysbookshop. com) on Feb. 20 at 7 p.m., and Newtown Bookshop (2835 S. Eagle Road, Newtown, 215-968- 2400, newtownbookshop.com) on March 7 at 7 p.m.
* Philadelphia gained a new, hot name on the literary scene last year: Karen Russell - author of the best-selling, Pulitzer Prize-nominated Swamplandia! - relocated from New York to teach at Bryn Mawr College. Rather than move back to NYC, Russell, who has fallen in love with Philly, plans to stay for the time being in her Art Museum-area apartment.
"I'm just discovering [Philadelphia]. There's something about the way a day works. The day feels longer here," Russell told me. "There's a deep not-giving-a-f---edness, says my friend. It's not affected."
Russell has a new short story collection out Tuesday, Vampires in the Lemon Grove, showcasing her unique style of combining the realistic with the magical.
Russell is discovering her own sense of magic right here in Philadelphia, seeing romanticism in how the city changes its personality from block to block.
"There's a cobblestone path and half a block away, you get Qdoba. The feel is so American. You get an earnest horse-drawn buggy and then you walk half a block over and you make your own taco and get your eyebrows threaded. That feels so magical to me that you can walk through these eras," Russell said. "I live by the zoo and the Barnes Foundation. There's high culture, and then you can watch giraffes."
Russell will travel around promoting her new book - including an appearance at the Free Library of Philadelphia Central Branch on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. - but then she'll take up shop at Rutgers-Camden, where she'll teach a master class in the master-of-fine-arts program.
* A new book, One Woman in a Hundred, celebrates Edna Phillips, the first woman to hold a principal position in the Philadelphia Orchestra, or any major orchestra. It's available now from the Illinois Press.
* Food Network crazy man Guy Fieri hits Philly to visit some new classic spots: South Philadelphia ly Tap Room, Graduate Hospital's Sidecar and Northern Liberties' Standard Tap.
* NBC canceled the Philly-shot drama "Do No Harm" after two dismally-rated episodes. The premiere, in fact, was the lowest rated in-season debut since the current ratings metrics were implemented.
* NBC10's Aditi Roy is leaving for the West Coast. I hear Roy has a new job already as a correspondent for a network news show. She starts this summer. Roy gave a final goodbye as a morning anchor, but her last report won't air until Friday. Roy had a prolific career nationally while working in Philly, doing a stint for NBC News in 2011 and popping up on the "Today" show as a correspondent. Good luck, Aditi!
* CBS3's "Eyewitness News"
investigates the taxi crash that injured TV host Marc Summers last summer. Stephanie Stahl has the report Monday at 11 p.m.
* Philly is all over
"Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" this
Paul Reese will
compete for the big bucksMonday on 6ABC at 12:30 p.m. On Friday, retired teacher Antoinette Donaldson - who taught at Eastwick's Penrose School and Chestnut Hill's John Story Jenks School - will visit host Meredith Viera. Last week, Sue Gausch, a consultant from Phoenixville, walked away with $1,000 after losing on the ninth question.
On Twitter: @PhillyGossipDN