'Sugar-daddy doctor' held on new charges

Posted: March 06, 2013

THE SO-CALLED "Sugar- Daddy Doctor" - a retired gynecologist busted in 2010 for throwing raging, drug- and alcohol-filled house parties for teenagers and allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl - is in trouble again, police say.

Tawfil Nakishbendi, 63, was arrested last week after police searched his home on Quentin Street near Vicaris Street in Wissahickon following allegations from a 28-year-old woman who rented a room from him that he had taken photos of her nude secretly and indecently assaulted her while she was incapacitated, police said.

Police said the woman contacted them after discovering a cache of compromising photos of herself in Nakishbendi's home that she didn't know had been taken. The former doctor, police say, started covertly taking the shots in August at times when the woman was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. He also assaulted the woman, police said.

A police source said the victim was clearly "totally out of it" in the photos, and that some show her lying in bed.

Police said they do not believe that Nakishbendi drugged his victim but that he took advantage of her at times when she was intoxicated.

In 2010, Nakishbendi was arrested on a slew of charges for throwing wild parties for teenagers at his former home in Manayunk, where he'd allegedly provide as much drugs and booze as they wanted. During one of those parties, a teenage girl testified, Nakishbendi raped her.

The teen also testified that she discovered on Nakishbendi's computer nude photos of herself that he had taken after pulling down her sweatpants and underwear while she was asleep.

Court records show that Nakishbendi's 2010 case is pending. In 2011, the District Attorney's Office requested that the alleged predator's $250,000 bail be revoked. Instead, records show, Common Pleas Judge Denis P. Cohen reduced bail to $50,000 in February 2011. Nakishbendi posted the bail and hadn't been jailed again before last week, according to the records.

Now, a spokeswoman for the D.A.'s office said, he was being held without bail on new charges including aggravated indecent assault, sexual assault, reckless endangerment and related offenses.

He has a preliminary hearing scheduled for March 14.


On Twitter: @morganzalot

Blog: PhillyConfidential.com

 

comments powered by Disqus
|
|
|
|
|