Now that you've taken care of that, maybe you could use Internet access at home.
* Comcast's "Internet Essentials" program offers broadband service for $9.95 a month. To qualify, you must have a child who is eligible for a free or reduced-cost federal lunch. Students at public, private, parochial and charter schools qualify. So do home-schooled kids. Get more information at 855-8-INTERNET, internetessentials.com or @Comcast.
* If you're not eligible, Wilco Electronics provides Internet access for $14.95 a month in partnership with Mobile Citizen. Get more information at 215-540-3930 or wilcoinc.com.
* If you already have a Verizon landline, you can get the company's DSL service starting at $14.95 a month. Get more information at 800-837-4966, verizon.com
Or perhaps what you really need is a discounted computer.
* If you're eligible for Comcast's "Internet Essentials" program, then you also are eligible for a $150 netbook, refurbished computer or laptop when you sign up.
* Nonprofit Technology Resources sells low-cost computers. Get more information at 215-564-6686 or ntrweb.org.
- Holly Otterbein