Los Angeles police Sgt. Harry Rosenfeld says Garlin was arrested for allegedly smashing the windows of the other person's car.
Garlin was jailed on $20,000 bail. It wasn't clear from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's website if he had been released but come on, $20,000 for Garlin is probably walking-around money.
Color her angry Barbra
No matter the religion, the most literal followers of whatever word is the word (call them orthodox or fundamentalist) are the most out of touch with and antagonistic toward the customs of modern society.
Speaking at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Barbra Streisand waded into one of Israel's touchiest issues yesterday - Jewish religious practices that separate men and women.
The director and star of "Yentl" took aim at cases of ultra-Orthodox Jews targeting women.
"It's distressing to read about women in Israel being forced to sit in the back of the bus," she said, "or when we hear about 'Women of the Wall' having metal chairs thrown at them when they attempt to peacefully and legally pray."
She was referring to isolated incidents in which ultra-Orthodox men tried to force women to sit separately at the rear of buses that go through their neighborhoods, as well as more serious clashes in which ultra-Orthodox Jews tried to prevent women donning prayer shawls and carrying Torah scrolls from praying at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, the holiest site in Judaism.
Ultra-Orthodox Jews, who cut themselves off from the rest of society but wield disproportionate power in Israel's government and religious affairs, fear that allowing women to make such inroads will erode their authority.
Get over yourselves, boys.
With Molly Eichel still getting over her Bonnaroo hangover, Tattle brings you a few local items:
* U.S. Open winner Justin Rose had been dining at West Conshohocken's Stella Blu while he was in town taming Merion's famous East Course to the tune of 1 over par, but since Stella Blu is closed Sundays, he couldn't celebrate his big victory there.
Instead, he showed up a little before midnight at owners Kim Strengari and Marianne Gere's other Conshy spot, Gypsy Saloon.
Rose, his new trophy and his dining party, including wife, Kate, stayed until 2 a.m. and left a very generous tip.
Next time, Justin, bring the kids to the Franklin Institute, the Please Touch Museum and Ride the Ducks.
* Runner-up and frequent flier Phil Mickelson arrived with two other guys for breakfast at the Station Cafe in Ardmore before he flew back to California last week for daughter Amanda's eighth-grade graduation. Phil had poached eggs, signed autographs, took pictures and left $100 for his $35 check.
* Samantha Ronson was spotted Saturday at AC's Golden Nugget, where her stepdad Mick Jones and his band Foreigner played a hits-laden sold-out concert.
* Philadelphia-based designer Jay McCarroll, the winner of the first season of "Project Runway," has been named Fashion Ambassador of the Jersey Shore's Hamilton Mall, for 2013 and 2014.
* Dave Chappelle is making his most substantial return to stand-up comedy with a one-month tour for Funny Or Die.
Chappelle will headline the Oddball Comedy and Curiosity Festival, which kicks off Aug. 23 in Austin, Texas. The 13-date, two-stage tour concludes Sept. 22 in Phoenix, and will hit the area at Camden's Susquehanna Bank Center on Sept. 6.
Also on the bill are Flight of the Conchords, Hannibal Buress, Kristen Schaal and Al Madrigal.
* Kris Jenner told E! that daughter Kim Kardashian is thrilled to have a new baby.
a) It would be kind of weird for Kim to have an old baby.
b) We sure hope Kris tells Kim this is one new thing she can't return . . . even if it's unopened.
- Daily News wire services contributed to this report.
On Twitter: @DNTattle