* It's a wrap for late night host David Letterman, who announced on his show that he'll retire in 2015, when his current contract expires. He holds the record for the longest-running late night host in TV history.
* Beyonce's 4-year-old half brother Nixon and his mother, Alexsandra Wright, are facing tough budget cuts from Bey's dad, Mathew Knowles, In Touch magazine reports. Alexsandra told the mag she is struggling now that his child-support payments were reduced and Papa won't have to make another payment for almost two years.
"I can't imagine how Beyonce feels knowing she has a homeless brother," Alexsandra said. "I know if I were in the same position, I would reach out. Maybe she is too busy."
It was noted that actor Hal Holbrook, 89, is in his 60th consecutive year performing his one-man show "Mark Twain Tonight." His first performance as Twain was in a 1954 assembly at a Pennsylvania teachers college.
* The Roots' Questlove, an alum of Philadelphia High School of Creative and Performing Arts, will introduce two of Philly's finest performers, Daryl Hall and John Oates at next week's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. The long-overdue honor for the duo will be Thursday in Brooklyn.
* Actress/talk show host/LGBT advocate/musical theater geek Rosie O'Donnell is set to receive the Tony Awards' 2014 Isabelle Stevenson Award, an honorary prize given to members of the theater community for their philanthropic efforts. She was cited for her work in providing arts education for kids in New York City public schools.
* Rock icon Sir Elton John and his partner of 21 years, David Furnish, will marry in May, prompted by England's legalization of same-sex marriage. The couple has two sons, Zachary, 3, and Elijah, 15 months.
* The custody dispute over the late actor Paul Walker's teen daughter appears to have reached a truce.
Meadow Walker's paternal grandmother Cheryl Walker and her mom, Rebecca Soteros, had been headed to court. The late actor requested in his will that his mother have guardianship over the 15-year-old.
Cheryl Walker agreed to let Soteros have custody on the condition that she get treatment for alcohol abuse.
On Twitter: @ReginaMedina