Of the 52 highway projects underway, 18 are a result of November's state increase in transportation funding.
In Bucks, crews will replace the Route 213 bridge over Neshaminy Creek and resurface the Sellersville Bypass. In Montgomery County, where gridlock has exploded along major routes over the last decade as houses and businesses have blossomed, relief is on the way, said Leslie Richards, vice chair of the county Board of Commissioners.
This year, work will at last begin on replacing the old Betzwood Trail Bridge, which spans the Schuylkill alongside Route 422 and whose replacement will connect the trails between Montgomery and Chester Counties with Valley Forge.
The bridge will ease traffic along Route 422, Richards said.
"Betzwood Bridge is a bottleneck that affects our entire region," she said. "To get that project off the ground is huge."
1. U.S. 202/U.S. 422 Interchange resurfacing, Chester and Montgomery Counties, $5 million estimate
2. U.S. 1 (City Ave.) resurfacing, Philadelphia and Montgomery County, $4 million estimate
3. Spring Garden Bridge rehabilitation, Philadelphia, $8.5 million estimate
Rehabilitation of five bridges, Bucks, Delaware, Montgomery Counties, $6 million estimate
4. U.S. 13/Tullytown Rd. over Martins Creek, Falls Twp., Bucks County
5. Chinquapin Rd. over Ironworks Creek, Northampton Twp., Bucks County
6. Bryn Mawr Ave. over Ithan Creek, Radnor Twp., Delaware County
7. New Second Street over Tacony Creek, Radnor Twp., Delaware County
8. PA 73/Skippack Pike over Perkiomen Creek, Perkiomen Twp., Montgomery County
9. PA 132 (Street Rd.) resurfacing, Bucks County, $8 million estimate
10. PA 213/W. Maple Ave. bridge over Neshaminy Creek, Bucks County, $8.3 million estimate
11. PA 252 (Darby Paoli Rd./Leopard Rd.) resurfacing, Chester County, $2.5 million estimate
Rehabilitation of three bridges, Chester County, $4 million estimate
12. PA 23/Valley Forge Road over Pickering Creek, Schuylkill Twp.
13. Horseshoe Pike over Brandywine Creek, Honey Brook Twp.
14. Fernhill Rd. over U.S. 202, West Goshen Twp.
15. PA 309 expressway area resurfacing, Montgomery County, $900,000 estimate
16. PA 309 (Sellersville Bypass) area resurfacing, Bucks County, and County Line Rd. area resurfacing, Bucks and Montgomery Counties, $3 million estimate
17. Holme Ave. Bridge replacement,
Philadelphia, $11 million estimate
18. PA 63 (Main St./Sumneytown Pike) and PA 63 (Sumneytown Pike) at PA Turnpike Interchange resurfacing, Bucks and Montgomery Counties, $6 million estimate
19. I-95 resurfacing, Philadelphia and Delaware Counties, and area resurfacing, Delaware County, $7 million estimate
20. I-476 area resurfacing, Delaware County, $950,000 estimate
21. I-76 resurfacing, Philadelphia, $950,000 estimate
Replacement of seven bridges, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties, $4 million estimate
22. PA 82 over Sucker Run, East Fallowfield Twp., Chester County
23. PA 282 over Brandywine Creek, East Brandywine Twp., Chester County
24. White Horse Road over Pickering Creek, Schuylkill Twp., Chester County
25. Bondsville Rd. over Beaver Creek, Caln Twp., Chester County
26. Clay Creek Rd. over White Clay Creek, Franklin Twp., Chester County
27. MacDade Blvd. over Muckinipattis Creek, Glenolden Twp., Delaware County
28. Second Ave. over Mingo Creek, Upper Providence Twp., Montgomery County
Replace nine bridges and rehabilitate one bridge, Bucks County, $5 million estimate
29. PA 313/Dublin Pike over Morris Run, Bedminster Twp.
30. PA 611/Easton Road over Neshaminy Creek, Doylestown Twp.
31. Aquetong Rd. over Aquetong Creek, Solebury Twp.
32. Hulmeville over Chubb Run, Middletown Twp.
33. Old Lincoln Highway over Neshaminy Creek, Warwick Twp.
34. Almshouse Rd. over Neshaminy Creek, Warwick Twp.
35. Main Street over Wertz Creek, Sellersville Borough
36. Rocky Ridge Rd. over Tohickon Creek, Richland Twp.
37. Richlandtown Rd. over Cooks Creek, Springfield Twp.
38. State Rd. over Cooks Creek, Springfield Twp.
39. U.S. 422 pavement, bridge, interchange improvements, Montgomery County, $51 million estimate