Singer Justin Bieber was detained Thursday for nearly four hours by U.S. Customs after he flew into Los Angeles International Airport, according to E! News. Bieber has had a number of run-ins with the law in the past and is scheduled to go on trial this summer for charges of driving under the influence in Miami. The Biebs is also awaiting trial for a misdemeanor assault charge in Toronto.
* Singer Miley Cyrus finally checked out of the hospital, where she has been since April 15 for an "absolutely horrible reaction" to flu medication, E! reported. She will resume her "Bangerz" tour when it heads to Europe.
* Beyonce was a cover girl for Time magazine's "100 Most Influential People in the World." The list also includes Amy Adams, Pharrell Williams, Matthew McConaughey, Kerry Washington and Cyrus.
Lupita Nyong'o is the World's Most Beautiful Woman for 2014, according to People magazine's annual list. So far in 2014, the Mexican-born, Kenyan-raised actress won an Oscar for her first movie role in "12 Years a Slave" and inked an endorsement deal with Lancome Paris.
* Jodie Foster wed girlfriend Alexandra Hedison over the weekend, Foster's publicist confirmed yesterday. Foster was previously in a longtime relationship with Cydney Bernard, with whom she has two sons.
Drew Barrymore and husband Will Kopelman welcomed their second child, according to People magazine. "Happy to announce that today we are the proud parents of our second daughter, Frankie Barrymore Kopelman," the couple told People in a statement. "Olive has a new little sister, and everyone is healthy and happy!"
"The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" is getting another sequel, TheWrap.com reports. Alloy Entertainment is developing "Sisterhood Everlasting," based on the book of the same title by author Ann Brashares.
* The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences announced that Craig Zadan and Neil Meron will return to produce the 87th annual Academy Awards. The Oscars will be held Feb. 22 at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre. They also produced the last two awards broadcasts.
* It's official. The cast has been named for the upcoming "Jem and the Holograms" movie, based on the Hasbro toy line and the popular '80s cartoon, People reported. Jerrica "Jem" Benton will be portrayed by "Nashville" actress Aubrey Peeples. Relative newcomers Stefanie Scott (Kimber Benton), Aurora Perrineau (Shana Elmsford) and Hayley Kiyoko (Aja Leith) have signed on to play Jem's Hologram bandmates.
* Pop singer Mariah Carey announced plans to release a "surprise" album through a digital partner, Billboard reported. The high-octaved singer will debut the name, track listing, artwork and music at the same time online.