Off a budget of $100 million, "Gravity" grossed $700 million worldwide in theaters. So, even by Hollywood accounting practices, there probably are profits to share.
The book's plotline is more about an infectious microbe in space - Gerritsen was known at the time for her medical thrillers - but it does feature a female doctor as its protagonist, working at a space station, desperate to get back to earth.
* In a plot worthy of a Tess Gerritsen hospital suspenser, Miley Cyrus' symptoms from a severe allergic reaction to antibiotics have returned and doctors will not allow her to travel.
She has therefore been forced to cancel two more concert dates, Friday in Amsterdam and Sunday in Antwerp, Belgium.
Worst. Sinus. Infection. Ever.
Marriage wasn't nirvana
A note that police found in Kurt Cobain's wallet after his 1994 suicide discussed wife Courtney Love.
Let's just say it wasn't a love note.
The handwritten missive, which was released yesterday by the Seattle Police Department, was part of evidence collected in the investigation into Cobain's death.
It reads in part:
"Do you Kurt Cobain take Courtney Michelle Love to be your lawful shredded wife even when shes (sic) a bitch with zits and siphoning all yr (sic) money for doping and whoring . . . "
Police did not indicate whether the handwriting was Cobain's.
Love's publicist could not immediately be reached for comment. CBS News first reported the existence of the note, which it obtained through a public information request for evidence collected about Cobain's suicide.
Swing for your Supper
A group of guys who were allegedly friends with the Game
were denied entrance to L.A.'s Supperclub early yesterday morning, and when they took offense and one of the guys threw a punch, club security beat two of the guys, reports TMZ.com, to "a bloody pulp."
T.I. and the Game stormed out of the club and when they saw uniformed police outside to go with the off-duty cops working at the club, they angrily assumed it was the cops who beat up their buds.
Cue intense standoff.
No charges ended up being filed.
It could have been a lot worse.
* Even though the original "Star Wars" cast is reuniting for Chapter VII, some fans are missing Billy Dee Williams
' Lando Calrissian . . . and any overall diversity.
The Hollywood Reporter, however, says that J.J. Abrams isn't done casting, and an actress is still being sought to fill a major role. Lead candidates? Lupita Nyong'o and Maisie Richardson-Sellers.
And ComicBookMovie.com reports that "they're still looking for a young mixed-race female who some sites originally claimed was a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi."
* In other movie news, visual stylist Baz Luhrmann ("The Great Gatsby," "Australia," "Moulin Rouge") is in talks with Warner Bros. to direct a biopic about Elvis Presley.
TheWrap says Kelly Marcel ("Fifty Shades of Grey") is writing the script.
* TheWrap.com reports that Steve Carell, Daniel Craig, Seth Meyers and other actors are taking a stand against sexual assault with President Obama, in a new public service announcement called "1 is 2 Many."
"It's happening to our sisters and our daughters, our wives and our friends," Carell and Craig say, in a video produced by the White House.
"It's called sexual assault, and it has to stop," Meyers adds.
Not sure this is going to do it.
* An anonymous insider relates to Life & Style magazine that on April 19, after a night of clubbing at 1Oak in West Hollywood, "Blurred Lines" singer Robin Thicke invited 10 babes back to the home he had shared with estranged wife, Paula Patton, and made it clear that he wanted to have sex with all of them.
Yeesh. If seconds are sloppy, are ninths nasty? Are tenths tetanus-y?
According to the insider, Robin had imbibed throughout the evening and was clearly enjoying himself. He declared it a "no-pants party" and stripped down to his boxer briefs.
"All of the girls were sitting on his bed; some of them were naked, and he asked each to kiss him on the lips," another insider dished to Life & Style. "He kissed five of them in a row. Eventually, most people left, but some stayed behind. It was all uncomfortable to watch."
The insider(s) claim that Thicke scored with only five of the women and we can only assume that after the first couple there were some growing pains.
- Jerome Maida
and Daily News wire services
contributed to this report.
On Twitter: @DNTattle